[aspectj-users] Ant taskdef problem

	Greetings,

	I'm having a problem getting my 'ajc' compile command to work as a
taskdef within Ant.  I keep getting the 'OutOfMemoryError'.  I've tried
changing the -Xmx memory allocation param in the ajc script files in the
AspectJ \bin dir.  I've also tried using the 'maxmemory=' within the Ant
block that references the 'ajc' taskdef.  Neither of these has worked.  This
is on Win2K.

	I thought I'd try running from the command line, but having to
specify each path is a huge headache - it's a large system with a couple
hundred paths, anyway, and I'm hardly making any progress.  I also have to
set up classpath for a couple dozen jar files.

	I really need to get this to work within Ant - just for the sake of
wildcards on the directory/pathnames and jar files, not to mention the
maintenance problems of having an argfile that lists hundreds of directories
where classes live.

	Can someone please tell me how I can get Ant to recognize that ajc
can go ahead and use the needed memory?  Also, is there really no way to
wildcard the paths with AspectJ argfiles?

	Thanks for any help,
	Scott

Back to the top