From: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Andy Clement <andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 3:07 PM
To: AspectJ developer discussions
Subject: Re: [aspectj-dev] AspectJ 1.8 and modularized JARs

Hmmmmm, having jars around in a system that have module-info's probably suggests you should use Aspectj 1.9 - is there any reason not to update? 1.9 does everything 1.8 could do plus has more fixes and is compatible with later versions of Java, it doesn't force you to use Java9/11, it still supports source/target 1.8.

cheers,
Andy