[aspectj-dev] Sporadic NoClassDefFoundError for org/aspectj/runtime/reflect/JoinPointImpl

Hello,

My name is Alex, I've been using aspectJ in my project at work for quite some time now. Recently we've come across an issue that seems to be unanswered on the web.
This is my first post to his mailing list, so I apologize in advance for any misbehavior from my side.

The issue is as follows:
  1. We are using aspectj (1.8.5) with Java (1.7) and Spring (3.2.3).
  2. We use load time weaving.
  3. Once in a while we see these errors is the log of our application when it starts. Sometimes the start up of the application fails (due to the errors) and sometimes the application starts correctly. The error:
    31 Jul 2015 15:00:39.061 [taskScheduler-10] ERROR TaskUtils.java:95 - Unexpected error occurred in scheduled task.
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/runtime/reflect/JoinPointImpl
    at org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.Factory.makeJP(Factory.java:164) ~[aspectjweaver-1.8.5.jar:1.8.5]

    at com.vasona.agent.SmartNodeGapAgent.monitorGaps(SmartNodeGapAgent.java:1) ~[SmartNodeGapAgent.class:na]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
  4. This occurs multiple times for about half a minute and then the application succeeds to overcome this or not.
Our application has run successfully with aspectJ (still does, except in the above mentioned case), so I assume that all relevant configurations (aop.xml, applicationContext.xml, pom.xml, etc....) were made correctly.

Can someone please assist with this?

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Alex
--
Alex Shapilov
Software Developer