[aspectj-dev] Load Time Weaver Java 1.4 AJ.BAT

We're incorporating some very simple aspects into some of the things we
do and have kind of a major problem.  We're good with Java 1.5 and later
but can't get load time weaving working on Java 1.4 with versions of
aspectj 1.6.9 and later. Versions 1.6.3 and earlier seem to have issues
with the java 1.4 code that we're trying to weave into.

Unfortunately, we can't dictate what jvm versions our customers run on
and some very large installations need to run 1.4.  We are a very small
part of large java applications that they own/maintain.  All of their
application code is java 1.4 compatible and that is what we are weaving
into.  When we try to use AspectJ 1.6.3 and earlier, there are aspectj
related issues that we don't see with the latest version of the AspectJ
weaver (org.aspectj.bridge.AbortException's and "can't determine
superclass of missing type" exceptions).

I'm hoping for some kind of guidance.  I can't find anything anywhere
about the LTW requiring a newer level of java.  The 1.4 JVM compatible
AJ.BAT still ships with even the latest versions and all the
documentation that refers to AJ.BAT still seems to be in place, yet
AJ.BAT doesn't work if the JVM is java 1.4.  Am I missing something?

Thanks.

--
Dennis
919 719 8428 (w)