[aspectj-dev] Checking out the earliest revision of the eclipse AspectJ repository

Hello,

I wish to trace the evolution of AspectJ from its first revision till
the latest revision (track the trunk only)

I execute the following commands

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/tools/
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/tools/ log

and I get

cvs log: in directory .:
cvs [log aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first

Why am I not able to access history of this directory.

How do I access/checkout the "org.aspectj" of this repository?

Any help is very much appreciated,
Shivani

--
Research Scholar,