[aspectj-dev] Using aspect to pass a metadata as a parameter through SOAP

Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply.
I guess I would have to modify the bytecode and xml specification for
the data (since the application has been written to use SOAP). If
that's the case, then I wonder if aspectj can help me at all in
modularizing this work.

I am thinking of doing something as below using aspectj.

1. Write a client side aspect which has a nested static class inside
it. The class implements a remote method. The remote method will save
the extra data in the object every time the data is available from the
HTTP request.
2. Write a server side aspect such that , before the actual EJB call,
make a remote method call to get the data and then proceed further
with the actual call.,

I understand that there is an extra overhead in making RMI call for
every request received from the Front-end to the Business logic.
But I am wondering if this will even work and can be done using aspectj.
It would be great if someone can tell me if this can be done using
aspectj . If yes, will it solve my problem. Highly appreciate any
help.

Thanks,
Ashiwan

--