[aspectj-dev] How to resolve method by name and arguments

Hi AspectJ Gurus,

I’m contacting you w.r.t. how to resolve a Java method provided its name and arguments.

My ultimate goal is to find out a ready-to-use class that implements this task as _closer_ as possible to the way Java compiler does (JLS ref: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/expressions.html#15.12). I’m saying _closer_ cause such a class should consider all the tricky stuff, such as overloading, varargs, generics, boxing, conversions, etc.

Your help, thoughts and comments are highly appreciated. It will be great if you share your professional opinion or just point me to the right person/team to contact.

Thanks in advance!

- Alex

Aleksandar Savov

Sr. Member of Technical Staff

asavov@xxxxxxxxxx

16A "G.M. Dimitrov" Blvd, 8th floor, 1797 Sofia, BULGARIA

+359 2 80-41004  Office

+359 2 943-3337 Fax

+359 88 8664291 Mobile

vmware