[aspectj-dev] Policy enforcement aspects and maven profiles - ideas?

 Hi,

We're using policy enforcement aspects on a current project, and I'm interested in any experience people have of being able to profile what aspects are woven (thus affecting what policy enforcement is applied) using maven profiles.

What I'd like to reproduce in pointcuts is something similar to being able to profile JUnit tests using @IfProfileValue(sysPropName, value).

The problem is that I'd effectively like to use conditional statements relating to a java property in a "declare error" statement. That's seems quite nasty, but then what we're doing with declare error, is user-defined compiler behaviour anyway, so perhaps extending this shouldn't be a rejected out of hand.

An alternative approach I can conceive is a nasty mix of aop.xml definitions and maven filters, but that looks like a maintenance headache...

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Neale

--
Neale Upstone
Open Credo Ltd

Main: +44 (0) 2380 987769

neale.upstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.opencredo.com

PO Box 1666, Southampton, SO15 9BS
Registered in UK. No 3943999

If you have received this e-mail in error please accept our apologies, destroy it immediately and it would be greatly appreciated if you notified the sender.  It is your responsibility to protect your system from viruses and any other harmful code or device.  We try to eliminate them from e-mails and attachments but we accept no liability for any that remain.  We may monitor or access any or all e-mails sent to us.

Back to the top