[aspectj-dev] Can I use the weaver from AspectJ 1.6.9 on JRE 1.4

Hi,

My tool MaintainJ captures the runtime call trace using the load time weaving mechanism. I use around advice to capture the call trace. My aspect code (which is packaged as a jar) needs to run on JRE 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6.

Can I use the aspectjweaver.jar from Aspect 1.6.9 for this purpose? If I can, how should I compile my aspects? Can I compile using Jdk 1.6 and iajc(AjcTask) in aspectjtools.jar of
Aspect 1.6.9?

Thanks,
Choudary Kothapalli.

Back to the top