Re: [aspectj-dev] aspectj internals howto (?)

On 6 August 2010 00:14, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday, August 05, 2010 02:21:17 pm Sandy Zhang's cat walking on the
> keyboard wrote:
>
>> *SVN:* http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot
>

> Sorry, I cannot checkout the repository from the svn tree:
> svn: OPTIONS of 'http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/tools/org.aspectj': 200 OK
> (http://dev.eclipse.org)
>
> Am I pointing to a wrong path?

We don't use svn - i don't know if there is an svn mirror setup or
somesuch.  Just use CVS.

> Another silly question: since I'd like to understand how the
> parse/ast/compiler works, I think the best starting point is the ajc. But how
> can I set up a project in eclipse to debug the ajc?
> Moreover, I imported the source tree in eclipse but after a full compile I get
> a lot of errors about wrong hiearchies:

The FAQ, which I guess you've seen, has a section on setting things up:
http://eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/faq.php#q:buildingsource

but it is rather old (still mentioned 'technology' rather than 'tools').

> The hierarchy of the type AspectJCore is inconsistent

I am fully synchronized and everything builds fine for me.  The only
project you don't want to check out is aspectj-attic.  With everything
else checked out and the variables defined for the various JRE libs
and JAVA_HOME, everything should be fine, you can then run the 4000
tests to check you are ok by running the launch configuration that
should have appeared in your workspace when you checked out the
projects.

When you get it working, please feel free to submit a patch to the
documentation for the FAQ that describes the current steps for setting
up a dev environment.

Andy

Back to the top