[aspectj-dev] VerifyError in around advice during load time weaving

Hi,

My tool MaintainJ captures the runtime call trace using the load time weaving mechanism. I use around advice to capture the call trace. It has been working well, but one of our users is getting VerifyError on some of the classes in his application.

The JRE is Sun JRE- 1.6.  build 19.
Both 1.6.8 and 1.6.4 of aspectjweaver.jar are giving the problem.

The abstract aspect provided in a jar is overridden by the pointcut specific to the application. It is a pretty simple aspect that captures all execution join points. I removed all logic in the advice and was just printing the thisJoinPoint and still getting the same error. The error looks as below.

Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: clientPackage/clientClass2, method: init$_aroundBody10 signature: (LclientPackage/clientClass2;Ljava/lang/String;ZLorg/aspectj/lang/JoinPoint;)V) Accessing value from uninitialized register 4
at clientPackage.clientClass1.clientMethod(clientClass1.java:70)

I checked the code beaing woven and there is nothing weird about it. Let me know if you need any other details to figure this out.

Thanks,
Choudary Kothapalli.

Back to the top