[aspectj-dev] Second article: the speed of AspectJ 1.6.7

Following up on the timer infrastructure in AspectJ which I wrote
about last week, I've now written up some notes about the kind of
language features that get the biggest performance improvement in
AspectJ 1.6.7.  It is here:

http://andrewclement.blogspot.com/2009/11/aspectj-how-much-faster-is-aspectj-167.html

Please try out the latest AspectJ dev build if you can, or grab the
latest AJDT for Eclipse 3.5 which includes it.  I've made some pretty
fundamental changes here and there to speed things up, so would like
to hear sooner rather than later if I have regressed any
functionality...

oh, and don't feel shy about sharing any positive experiences either,
I do hope you all see some kind of benefit!

cheers,
Andy

Back to the top