Re: [aspectj-dev] AspectJ weaver to 1.5?

I don't think it is important to keep supporting Java 1.4, since it reached end-of-life status in October, 2008. At this point, all major web and application servers support Java 5. Even the Spring Framework starting with 3.0 supports only Java 5+. So if not supporting versions prior to Java 5 buys us simplified and better weaver implementation, we should go for it.

Of course, if someone needs Java 1.4, they can use the current version of AspectJ. Further, it seems that all you will require to use a newer version of AspectJ is to have Java 5 installed. I think this is a pretty reasonable requirement.

-Ramnivas