Re: [aspectj-dev] Regarding AspectJ Deployment descriptor

I'm not sure what you mean.  What do you mean by 'filter for AspectJ'?  Do you mean the kind of information you can specify in the aop.xml file?  If so then the only way to specify it in a different way would be to write a new implementation of IWeavingContext and the necessary infrastructure to plug it in.
This is non-trivial - we could make this easier but there is no existing enhancement to address this at the moment.

cheers,
Andy.