Re: [aspectj-dev] A little help with perthis/pertarget ...

Probably ten more lines of code to your example would confirm. What about spawning off a few threads which simply to the System.out in run()?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Eric Bodden <eric.bodden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1) The methods are not static.
>
> 2) I am using a named point cut called "services()". Not sure if that
> matters at all or not. I was actually expecting / wondering why I not have
> tired something like:
>
> aspect ProfileAspect perthis(execution(services())) {

That does not work. You would need perthis(services()). But it should
not matter anyway.

> 3) The methods I am point cutting are EJB methods. So there are multiple
> threads of execution hitting them sanctimoniously. That's why I can't use
> the singleton aspect. The start time gets stomped on ... I am just detailing
> the actual scenario in case you thing there would be something special about
> it which precluded the advice from kicking in there since it obviously works
> as expected in your test.

I wonder what the semantics of perthis is w.r.t. multi-threading. I
have no idea. From what you reported so far, I almost think that you
hit a bug.

Eric

--
Eric Bodden