Re: [aspectj-dev] AJDT compilation

I don't really understand the second question, hence I haven't commented:

> How can the changed .aj file be recompiled dynamically when I run a java program that > needs the recompiled aspect?
> Is this done by configuring the AJDT
> or
> is it done in the java program?

If you are inside eclipse and the .aj file is inside an AspectJ
project, the project should build automatically when the .aj file
changes.  If you depend upon that change in a different (Java)
project, then you would have a project dependency from the java
project onto the AspectJ project.  How are you setup such that this
isn't working?

Are you updating the .aj file outside of eclipse?  If you are doing
that from Ant, and running the Ant script from inside eclipse you can
trigger the refresh of the project when the Ant script finishes, when
eclipse notices the .aj file has changed it will auto rebuild it

Andy.