RE: [aspectj-dev] Concrete Aspect Not working

Ron,

>There are a few limitations in concrete aspects in AspectJ (e.g., they don’t themselves get woven), but so far I’ve found that there are workarounds available.
What about Bug 132080 "LTW concrete-aspect definitions not exposed to weaver"?

Matthew Webster
Tools UI Strategy
CICS Technical Planning & Strategy, MP189
IBM United Kingdom Limited
Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)

"Ron Bodkin" <rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

27/04/2007 18:02

Please respond to
AspectJ developer discussions <aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'AspectJ developer discussions'" <aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [aspectj-dev] Concrete Aspect Not working

Hi Hari,

Can you provide the details of AbstractStartRequestAspect? There are a few limitations in concrete aspects in AspectJ (e.g., they don’t themselves get woven), but so far I’ve found that there are workarounds available.

You can see some examples of concrete aspects that users of Glassbox have posted at our forums (www.glassbox.com) and also sample ones that we use in our test cases.