Re: [aspectj-dev] How to get started working with the compiler / runtime weaving sources

The FAQ has some information, which I think is still correct:

http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/faq.php#q:buildingsource

On 27/04/07, Tim Halloran <hallorant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm interested in doing some work on the source (especially w.r.t. fixing
bug 172107 which is really-really causing me headaches :-)

I dug around and couldn't find a "how to get started with the code page"
poking through the dev mailing list archives didn't uncover anything (I
couldn't figure out how to search them so it was not a very good poke)

I suspect the code is on CVS at dev.eclpse.org unser
/cvsroot/tools/org.aspectj but I'm not sure what I should be working on.
The CVS setup looks odd to me (versions saved in directories not with tags?)
so I'm unsure where to focus my attention.  Also I'm an Eclipse junky so any
pointers on getting going in Eclipse are helpful (however I only want to
work on the core aspect J and runtime weaver not the AJDT stuff...at least
for now).

Thanks in advance!

Tim Halloran