[aspectj-dev] Loadtime Weaving Deadlock

Two of our users have reported a deadlock in load-time weaving on a 1.4 VM, e.g., see http://www.glassbox.com/forum/forum/viewthread?thread=146

This happens in a 1.4 VM because ObjectInputStream locks sun.misc.SoftCache (used to hold verified subclasses), whereas in 1.5 they use a ConcurrentHashMap so you don’t get the deadlocking behavior. I’m thinking that the best fix for this is to somehow force ObjectInputStream to load a class before weaving so that it won’t trigger class loading during weaving. This would be a fix/work-around in the 1.4 VM adapter we’re using, so it’s not an AspectJ issue per se, but I’d value input on how to best resolve this.

Thanks,

Ron

Back to the top