[aspectj-dev] access to AjNaiveASTFlattener buffer

Hi devs,

It appears to me that AjNaiveASTFlattener, in package org.aspectj.org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom, is the only class that, provided a CompilationUnit object, can generate code for that AST.

However, it does not support yet every node in the AST ( e.g. DeclareParentsDeclaration). Therefore, if one needs to generate code for these nodes, he/she could still resort to subclassing AjNaiveASTFlattener and implement the necessary visit methods. The problem is that the StringBuffer inside it has private access. Changing it to protected would allow faster resolution of these problems, which, for me, have been truly showstoppers.

What do you think of this simple change?

thanks,
Davi Pires

Back to the top