Re: [aspectj-dev] Specifying pointcuts in an external file

Yes, my question was probably not so clear. Let me take an example.

Let's say that I want to weave all methods declared by an interface, I will have to write the following pointcut:

  @Pointcut("execution(* com.foo.interface.a..*(..))")
  public void anyFooInterfaceA() {
  }

And then I write the advice:

  @Before("(anyFooInterfaceA())")
  public void beforeAnyInterface(JoinPoint.StaticPart thisJoinPointStaticPart, JoinPoint thisJoinPoint) {

Now let say I need to apply the same advice for more interfaces, the pointcut will become:

  @Pointcut("(execution(* com.foo.interface.a..* (..)) && execution(* com.foo.interface.b..*(..)) && execution(* com.bar.interface.c..*(..)))")
  public void anyFooOrBarInterfaces() {
  }

The project I am working on requires a lot of interfaces to be weaved and more interfaces will be added in the future. I am trying to find an easy way to add all the existing interfaces (and the future ones) into my aspect class without having (1) huge pointcut definition or (2) to modify the aspect code each time a new interface that need to be weaved is added. Is there an elegant way to achieve that? Or is there a way to specify an external file that will contain the list of pointcut to take into consideration for a specific advice. For example:

 @Before(file="pointcut.txt")

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Jean