Re: [aspectj-dev] Specifying pointcuts in an external file

Jean,

I am not sure I fully understand your question. Are you writing pointcuts that match annotations declared in the classes you wish to advise? I this statement puzzles me: "each time a pointcut changes, I will have to change the annotation". Can you post an example of what you are trying to do?

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

"Jean Bovet" <jbovet@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

23/10/2006 21:01

Please respond to
AspectJ developer discussions <aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aspectj-dev] Specifying pointcuts in an external file

Hi,

Is it possible to specify pointcuts in an external file when using the annotation AspectJ? I am asking this question because our project will contain a lot of different pointcuts: what is the easiest way to define them? Using annotation is a bit a pain because each time a pointcut changes, I will have to change the annotation. Any method to load these pointcuts from an external source?

Thanks for any help,

Jean