[aspectj-dev] Bug 52105 - any hope of implementing it?

Hi there, I'm in a research project that intends to use aspects
(AspectJ) to solve code variations in J2ME games and I've just ran
into this bug while trying to remove some constant (static final)
declarations that were used in a case from a class to an aspect.

After a little digging I found bug 52105 and just finished reading the
discussion on bugzilla, where everyone agreed that static ITDs are a
bad design decision and that nobody really uses it... good (classic
software engineering) design practices mostly don't apply to game
development and static final variables are a great way of saving some
bytes.

Is there any chance at all that static final ITDs will be implemented
in the near future?

Thanks everyone,

PS: ignore Davi's email about this on aspectj-users. :P

Back to the top