From: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Juraj Burian
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 7:58 AM
To: AspectJ developer discussions
Subject: Re: [aspectj-dev] bug or not bug ?

Hi,
sorry for late answer ....

We use 1.5.0 (latest production).
Some additional info:
when ibmorb.jar (com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ObjectResolver lay in) is included into the classpath, compilation under sun JDK is ok.
By my opinion it is a proof that aspectJ is still to eager ...

I am going to try version from the repository, may be some fix exists ...

best regards
JuBu

Matthew Webster wrote:

Juraj,

This may be a problem that we have seen before. We have sought to reduce the "eagerness" of the type resolution and even introduced a Lint warning. Which version of AspectJ are you using?

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Please respond to AspectJ developer discussions <aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by:        aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

To:        aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc: Subject: [aspectj-dev] bug or not bug ?

Hi folks,

problem definition:
AspectJ looks for classes indirectly referenced through the jars on the classpath during compilation (weaving). It seems to be o.k., but under IBM virtual machine there are classes defined (in "core" jar files namely ibmorb.jar) that doesn't exist under Sun virtual machine and that implies that the same project can't be compiled under Sun.
Compilation with javac passes under both of VM.

The error message looks like:

C:\honza\projects\navigationDemo\demo_bl\demo_bl-was6\target\main\generated\
cz\kb\gdf4j\navigation\demo\EJSRemoteStatelessDemoBeanHome_605b51d5.java:12:
0::0
The type com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ObjectResolver cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files info weaver operating in reweavable mode. Need to verify any required types exist.

In my opinion AspectJ must have same behaviour as javac, i.e. only one level of class references should be verified.

Please let me know your opinion.

best regards
aspectj-dev mailing list
aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx