[aspectj-dev] Problem with Load Time Weaving with WebSphere 5.1 JasperLoader

Hi There,

A couple of Glassbox Inspector users have been running into problems using AspectJ 5 load-time weaving on WebSphere 5.1. This same set of aspects has worked well in Tomcat, oc4j, and the aspects work in BEA (JMX Remote is another question…)

In a nutshell, it looks to me like the WebSphere 5.1 JasperLoader for JSP’s is looking for the .class file on disk even after the ClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor has defined the bytes of a generated closure in memory. Does anyone out there have any experience trying to use AspectJ 5 with around advice that generates closures for this system? It seems bizarre that a class loader would look for the .class file for a class that’s already been defined!

Unfortunately, I don’t currently have access to WebSphere so I can’t try it out, but I’ve had two users report this same issue. There’s more detail in this thread on our support forum, which shows the evidence so far: http://www.glassbox.com/forum/forum/viewthread?thread=15  For that matter, does it work properly on WebSphere 6?

Ron

Back to the top