[aspectj-dev] AJ 5 - "boolean Pointcut.matches(JoinPoint)" possible?

Hi all.

I finally found some time today to read through the documentation of the new reflective API. I looks really nice! What I am missing for some applications is however the ability to do runtime matching. So it would be awesome if one could fetch a Pointcut p and a Joinpoint jp (e.g. thisJoinPoint could be such an instance) and then ask "p.matches(jp)".

Are there any technical issues that would prevent this from being doable efficiently? I guess the largest overhead would be that the PointcutExpressed would have to be parsed. However, this could be done at compile time already and only for places where it is necessary.

Merry Christmas,

Eric

Back to the top