Re: [aspectj-dev] The size of aspectjrt.jar

i agree - we need a smaller variant too.

On 13/12/05, Matthew Webster <matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am relaying the observation from someone using AspectJ 5 with J2ME that the runtime is now > 100K which is more than twice the size it was in version 1.2.1. Most of this increase can be attributed to Java 5 only features such as AjType which are not applicable to the J2ME environment. If runtime size is considered a barrier to use, as it was in the case I witnessed, it would make sense to produce a version that is targeted to a small environment.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx

http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/