[aspectj-dev] AspectJ1.5.0 Milestone 5 available.

We're pleased to announce the availability of the AspectJ 5 M5
milestone build from the AspectJ downloads page:

http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/downloads.php

M5 contains a large number of fixes and enhancements since M4 (see the
links in the news item on the aspectj home page :
http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj), especially in the area of support for
generics and load-time weaving.

Milestone 5 is our feature complete milestone - we are not intending
to add any new features and are concentrating purely on resolving bug
reports before producing our first release candidate build.  There is
a link from the AspectJ homepage that enables you to check how many
bugzilla entries we still have to resolve before 1.5.0 is finished
(currently the number is 36!)

A build of AJDT incorporating AspectJ 5 M5 will be available imminently.

If any of you have been holding off trying AspectJ 5 and are still
using AspectJ1.2.1, we urge you to download M5 and try it on your
applications and please raise any problems you encounter.  AspectJ5
includes a different compiler from AspectJ 1.2.1 and a substantially
overhauled weaver to support generics - and we want to make 1.5.0
final the best release we can.  We have doubled the number of tests
from 1200 to over 2600 in going from 1.2.1 to 1.5.0 - but can always
use your help in testing it even more thoroughly.

Thanks and stay in touch,
-- The AspectJ Team

Back to the top