From: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ron Bodkin
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:41 AM
To: 'AspectJ developer discussions'
Subject: RE: [aspectj-dev] thisEnclosingJoinPoint

This does raise the question of whether enclosing means lexically enclosing (in which case my request wouldn’t make sense). Admittedly, if enclosing is dynamically enclosing, then the enclosing jp for execution would normally be call. Then again, that would be more useful too. I think this would also be consistent with the notion of enclosing in, e.g., the if pointcut designator…

I think it would be more helpful to mean dynamically enclosing, which would also be in the spirit of Matthew’s query about exposing dynamic information about the enclosing join point…