Re: [aspectj-dev] RC1 coming soon?

Alexandre Vasseur wrote:
> The bug list is indeed a good measurement. That said feel free to
> contribute fixes along your bug reports if you can, this will help
> shorten the list, as in every open source project.

thanx to Andy for the longish link to the bug list. Indeed, it is a good
measurement and gives you a good feeling when Christmas is coming (as I
learned from some other postings: Christmas is, when AspectJ 5 will be
out;-). I noticed that since this morning there were 3 bugs closed. Good
job - it really seems that you are working 25h / day and 100 minutes / hour.

> Olivier, I hope you noticed we changed some of the details for
> @AspectJ mainly declare annotation for this style will not be
> supported in 1.5.0, and declare parent is looking slightly different.
> This will surface in the next published docs, but get it from the CVS
> if you need to  fix your book. I am sure you will be willing to wait
> some for up to date and accurate content for your book rather than
> hurry up and ending up with both bugs in the shipment and features
> deltas in your book.

I think you mean the changes from M3 to M4 - yes, these changes I
noticed because my examples doesn't work. But I think after M4 there
were no changes, only bug fixing. @declare parents should work now in
the next build as I read in a later posting so I will try it again this
weekend and have also a look at the changed docs at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.aspectj/modules/docs/adk15ProgGuideDB/?cvsroot=Technology_Project

Merry Christmas ;-)
Oliver