Re: [aspectj-dev] project-specific settings

Right now, ajdoc can build with 1.3, like the other modules.  If you add code
requiring 1.4, it won't fail in Eclipse, but will in Ant when built under 1.3
(even though ajdoc should only be deployed with the tools.jar from 1.4).  So
JRE14_LIB won't yet do what you suggest, though JRE13_LIB might.

The current practice of building in Eclipse with a default 1.3 JRE before
checking in is documented in modules/build/readme-build-and-test-aspectj.html,
so I'm not too worried about contributors.  I'm not interested in convincing
contributors that they don't need to read the documentation, until we don't
actually need the documentation :)

Currently the Ant build system has variables for the minimum and maximum VM,
and builds under both.  That means we can change either in one line.

Supporting the JREXX_LIB variables means keeping that in sync with the -source
option and the deployed VM's on a machine.  Right now the Ant build taskdef has
to special-case Java 5 builds for that reason.

So the current system works and can be updated with one line and one
change by the Eclipse developer.  Supporting different JREXX_LIB would require
special-casing everything as we do the Java 5 support, and making lots of changes
for each VM upgrade.  Yuck!

Changes to the build system should work both in Eclipse and on the (Ant)
build machine - work not just accidentally but as intended.

Wes