Re: [aspectj-dev] change in runtime execution order

The party line: The rules programmers can rely on are
stated in the programming guide appendix, language
semantics (which are different from what you said).
 Engineering regularities of a particular implementation
are not reliable.  To understand the engineering, you can
read the code in open source.

The party line protects the ability of other
implementations of AspectJ (e.g., the abc compiler) to use
different advice orderings where precedence is not
determinable.  It also encourages programmers to "state"
any inter-advice dependencies, rather than relying on
implicit orderings.  To avoid confusing users, we're
hesitant to state "rules" that can/will change.

Paternalism aside, er, what was your question again?

Wes