Re: [aspectj-dev] Annotation & Jdk1.4

#: Gonul, Bora changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  8/25/2005 5:36 PM :#
Hi Alexandru,

I have tried both post-loading and load-time weaving.
None of them did work.

Need to find out something Bora

You should be aware that in the offline weaving mode you don't have to weave your aspects against the source code containing annotations, but against the compiled version of these.

I cannot imagine why ltw haven't worked. As long as the annotations are in placed (as produced by backport175) the ltw should properly match and work.

:alex |.::the_mindstorm::.|

-----Original Message-----
To: AspectJ developer discussions
Subject: Re: [aspectj-dev] Annotation & Jdk1.4

#: Gonul, Bora changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  8/24/2005
12:26 PM :#
Hi Alexandru,

That is exactly what I tried today.
1)Written a SimplePOJO. Added annotations to it using backport (Compiled with AnnotationC) 2)Written a simple aspect which will intercept all the methods on that pojo 3)Written a test case to call a method from that simple pojo

Now don't I need to weave these test classes ?

You can use 2 strategies:
1/ offline weaving: you can do the offline weaving considering that the
project is already binary (so the weaving will go over the .class and not on
the sources). Unfortunately I cannot remember the terms aj is using for
these.

2/ load-time-weaving: this is clear that will work

hth,
:alex |.::the_mindstorm::.|

ps: i promise i will update my memories on aj asap :-S.

And if weave them annotation information is lost.

Regards

Bora