Re: [aspectj-dev] Java 1.4 Annotation Support

I actually do mean Java 1.3 or 1.4 support.  AspectWerkz, Spring AOP, and JBoss AOP all allow annotations to be defined using javadoc comments.  They then offer an additional compilation steps that stores this metadata for use at runtime by the AOP framework.  Since AspectWerkz and AspectJ have joined up I was wondering if this capability would be available in AspectJ 5.