Re: [aspectj-dev] - AspectJ 5 release plan -

Hi,

M3 is nearly nearly there - pointcut matching for generics is fully
working.  Generic ITDs are proving tricky - the basics are working but
it is not fully finished.  The documentation (developers notebook) is
currently undergoing another revision detailing how to use the new
language features, based on what we've learned during development of
M3.

So, if M3 is maybe a week or so away, the relative timings of the
releases post M3 should continue to be in line with the plan (M4 will
be about a month after M3, RC1 will be a couple of weeks after that).

Throughout development we have made developer builds of the codebase
available, if you want to try out the pointcut matching, just grab a
version from http://eclipse.org/aspectj/downloads.php.  M3 will really
just be a 'blessed' developer build - basically the only difference
you'll see between todays dev build and M3 will be generic ITDs being
finished plus a few bug fixes.

is there a particular feature you are waiting for?  Or do you
basically just need a 'released' version of AspectJ before you can
move to it?

Andy.
---
Andy Clement