[aspectj-dev] Where to find aop.xml for LTW

Currently we look in "META-INF" for aop.xml and use the "aj5.def" System
property to complement this for testing in
"ClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor.registerDefinitions()". Unfortunately we can't
load files from "META-INF" under OSGi and the System property approach is
currenly only enabled for the System class loader and uses a file rather
than a resource which is no good either. It would be inappropriate to add
specific support for OSGi and we may not want to change the existing
location of aop.xml so I propose a new System property to
configure/override the resource name:

      -Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration=org/aspectj/aop.xml

This would work for testing too I think. The name is a little long winded
but it follows the package naming.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Back to the top