RE: [aspectj-dev] Cflow context exposure and hard references

Wes Isberg wrote:
> Hi Eric -
>
> You're suggesting that an executing object (target) in the current
> stack would be garbage collected?
>
> I'm not sure a reference obtained via this, target, or args would
> ever be garbage collected absent cflow.  (I believe the operand stack
> is the same even when arguments are unused, but couldn't find
> anything on point.)

That's a valid point. I would hardly make sense to have those objects GCed.
However, I could not find anything that would explicitly describe this
behaviour.

Eric

--
Eric Bodden
Chair I2 for Programming Languages and Program Analysis

Back to the top