[aspectj-dev] BCEL to ASM

Hi

I would like to bring to the table the following risk that we had
foresight in AspectWerkz and for which I would not be suprised if it
really happens by Q1 2006.

"proposal to post deprecation notice on BCEL webpage"
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-bcel-dev/200505.mbox/%3c1116465312.3875.40.camel@localhost.localdomain%3e
(read some the related thread if you have time).

I would invite everyone concerned with AspectJ dev to think about
possible implication of maintaining as done today the modified
enhanced BCEL version, as well as thinking about the development
effort and risks associated to port AspectJ to ASM at some stage - not
for prototyping purpose or abstraction purpose but for the real
official N-th release.

Alex

Back to the top