From: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adrian Colyer
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:55 AM
To: AspectJ developer discussions
Subject: RE: [aspectj-dev] Synthetic Methods?

Very late on this thread...

My recollection is that when using the regular synthetic attribute, many
tools made assumptions about the annotated element and would break when
those assumptions turned out to be false - in other words, simply the
process of adding in the attribute outside of its usage by the standard
javac causes at least as many problems as it solves.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

"Ron Bodkin" <rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
29/04/2005 23:01
Please respond to
AspectJ developer discussions <aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'AspectJ developer discussions'" <aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [aspectj-dev] Synthetic Methods?

Would it be easy to prototype this to see if it helps? I think it would
still be useful to tag things as synthetic, even if AspectJ also needs its
own attribute for that purpose... Were there cases where having
Java-synthetic methods was actually causing a problem?