Re: [aspectj-dev] Declaring parent classes

Regrettably, the short answer is no.

In theory it is possible to have a type pattern form that matches (the
transitive closure of?) all types referenced by a given type.

In practice it would be exceedingly hard to implement when you take
separate compilation of source units into account.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

"Oleg Lebedev" <oleglebedev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/05/2005 22:10
Please respond to
AspectJ developer discussions <aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"AspectJ developer discussions" <aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[aspectj-dev] Declaring parent classes

Greetings.

Is there a way to make all classes referenced from a given class extend
a particular interface?

I am trying to serialize an object of class A, which references objects
of classes B and C. Class A extends java.io.Serializable interface, but
classes B and C don't. I would like to be able to make classes B and C
extend java.io.Serializable. Note that class A may be changed in the
future and start referencing some other classes, so I need a dynamic
solution for this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Oleg