Re: [aspectj-dev] Can we use AspectJ to develop J2ME software?

Thanks!
Lin Chuan

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-dev-bounces@eclipse.
org] 代表 Wes Isberg
发送时间: Friday, April 22, 2005 5:13 PM
收件人: AspectJ developer discussions
主题: Re: [aspectj-dev] Can we use AspectJ to develop J2ME software?

Mr. Wang Lin Chuan might have been asking the threshold question whether
AspectJ binaries can be deployed in J2ME.  We have not verified as such, but
designed it to do so.

At a minimum I think the compiler must target 1.1 classes correctly and the
runtime classes in aspectjrt.jar must be supported by the (various flavors
of) J2ME.  Although the runtime is designed to be 1.1-compatible, of late we
haven't done much testing in that area.  (In the AspectJ 1.0 time frame,
developers used the -preprocess switch to get regular .java sources to
compile.)

It would be a great benefit to the project to have an automated test for
verifying that the runtime classes comply with various J2ME flavors.  If
someone defines that, we'd love to integrate it.  We'd also love to hear if
anyone has tried J2ME lately, and would appreciate if folks do so with the
1.5 milestone releases.

For discussion on point, search the archives (but beware of outdated
answers):
http://www.eclipse.org/search/search.cgi?q=J2ME&ul=%2Fmhonarc%2Flists%2Faspe
ctj-users

For the minimal FAQ entry, see (the nice url):

  http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/faq.html#q:aspectjandj2me

Thanks -
Wes