RE: [aspectj-dev] eclipse 3.1m6 has rudimentary API enforcement

Good question.  I imagine that to consider pushing this into Eclipse first
someone from our user base would need to request this as a feature and
describe how it's better than using declare error/warning, then AJDT would
need to implement the prototype, and finally we could suggest it as an
Eclipse feature.  I'm not sure about the utility of using pointcuts for this
yet, and worry about it feeling like yet another complicated project setting
being buried deep in a preference page.

But in general I like the idea of the pointcut language percolating out into
other tools such as access static checkers, profilers, and debuggers.  Those
tools rely on expressing static and dynamic conditions, and using pointcuts
for that should be a lot easier than having a whole bunch of patterns and
wildcards.

Mik