Re: [aspectj-dev] declare annotation

Andrew Clement wrote:

thats odd - it works for me... oh hang on I've not committed it yet :)

Declare annotation is fully implemented and will be in a build in the next day or so !

However, the actual syntax is:

declare @type: BierWerbung: @PremiumPartner;

thanks, now it compiles. But nevertheless it seems not to work. Here my test cases (PremiumPartner has RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME):

    public void testAnnotatedClass() {
        checkAnnotation(Artikel.class);
    }
    public void testAnnotatedAspect() {
        checkAnnotation(BierWerbung.class);
    }
    private void checkAnnotation(Class<? extends Object> cl) {
        Annotation a = cl.getAnnotation(PremiumPartner.class);
        assertNotNull(a);
    }

Yesterday I updated to the latest AJDT build - is the implementation inside or do I have to wait for the next build?

with related variants

declare @method: <method sig>: @<someannotation>
declare @constructor: <constructor sig>: @<someannotation>
declare @field: <field sig>: @<someannotation>

thank you for the syntax - I will test it in the next days...

have a nice weekend
Oliver
--
Oliver Böhm