Re: [aspectj-dev] roadmap for M2, M3, M4

I'm sure Adrian will chip on this ... but anyway ...

For 1.5.0M2 we want to say that annotation support is completely
finished in all respects.  By that I don't mean the annotation
style syntax (work on that is going on in a branch) but I mean
annotation matching is fully working, annotation binding is fully
working and declare annotation is finished.  We are close on this -
I committed most of the declare annotation support yesterday.  The
only area we now have to finish is ITDs and annotations - I hope
to get through this during the AOSD conference next week.  There
are also a few glitches right now with how AJDT is showing
declare annotations - so for anyone building their own AJDT
distributions, don't be surprised if it doesn't work for you.

I think we'll spend time at AOSD sorting out specific details
of the roadmap after that - since we'll have a good set of
the committers in one place for once.

Whilst we've been heads down developing I know the list of
open bugzilla bugs has been steadily increasing and we will
have to address (not necessarily fix...) all of those before
claiming AspectJ 5 is finished.

So, hopefully more concrete details will emerge during/after AOSD...

Andy.

"Oli B." <boehm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/03/2005 21:29

Please respond to
aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aspectj-dev] roadmap for M2, M3, M4

Hi,

I think on one of the EclipseCon slides AspectJ 1.5 is announced for
middle of the year, M2 is coming "soon". Is there any roadmap available
when M2, M3 and M4 (and of course the final version) will come?

regards
Oliver
--
Oliver Böhm