[aspectj-dev] Named Advice revisited.

Hi all,

As an experimental project I'm currently looking into extending aspectJ syntax using the aspectbench compiler (www.aspectbench.org) to support named advice. The extension will support pointcut that can match advices by name.

I'm also trying to figure out what should be the overriding rules for the named advice (if you can override or not a named advice in a sub-aspect) and I red in the archive of the mailing list that the idea that a named advice could override/extend advices with the same name is 'truly frightening'. I'm not sure I understand conceptually why it is so frightening, maybe my mind is still thinking OO too much...anyway it would be very appreciated if someone could explain to me in more details???

Thanx a lot!

Jean-Sebastien
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.