[aspectj-dev] AOP and Mutation testing

Dear All,

I am just wondering if we can use Aspect-oriented programming n mutation testing?

Well, my question in detail is:

Mutation testing is a white box, unit testing, where, the tester intentionally insert the faults and then tests them with some test cases. This type of testing tests the test cases more effectively. We use the mutation operators to insert the faults intentionally.

for eg; if a statement, c = a + b; is to be changed intentionally, we can do that using arithmetic operator where:

c = a- b;
c = a *b;
c = a / b;

comes automatically instead of the original line c = a + b;

Now, the question I have is... Mutation testing is used now for OOP.. i.e., mutation opertors in OOP have been developed. can we use AOP n mutation testing?

2. What exactly are the advantages of AOP?

Thanks in advance,
Sree.

Do you Yahoo!?