Re: [aspectj-dev] Incremental Compile Numbers with AJDT 1.2.0M2

Lesiecki Nicholas <ndlesiecki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 02/02/2005 21:18:04:
> Sorry I went dark on this issue for a while.
>
> I neglected to mention that the build I was testing against was ADJT
> 1.2.0M2 (and whatever version of the compiler was attached to that).
>
> I swapped back to 1.2.0M1 and got times of approx. 2.5 seconds for
adding
> the same comment to the same file. That seems acceptable if less than
> ideal.
>
> I just tested the file on 1.2.20050124144759, and got approx 15.5
seconds
> for an incremental compile. (Along with an annoying
"NullPointerException"
> box that seems to have no consequences.)
>
> I can raise this in BZ if that's the appropriate place to track it.

I've been able to reproduce a consistent slowdown with incremental
compilation going from AJDT 1.2.0M1 to 1.2.0M2, which means going from
AspectJ 1.2.1 to 1.5.0M1. The degraded performance is still there in the
latest dev builds. Andy is going to take a look. We have bug 70774 for
tracking this.

Regards,

Matt.

Back to the top