RE: maven, or not - was Re: [aspectj-dev] still here re 1.5 varargs

:: Hi -
::
:: > On a side note, you guys really need to take a look at maven.
::
:: We did.  We like Maven, but (at the time?) it didn't fit our
:: need to do both Ant- and Eclipse-based builds without having
:: to update Ant scripts when project dependencies change.  If
:: you look at our build module, it uses the Eclipse .classpath
:: files to manage dependencies. (This has been so useful, I'm
:: surprised it hasn't surfaced in Maven or elsewhere; I gave
:: up after trying to upgrade maven scripts.)

That's a very use feature I've always missed! Let's take a look... :)

But if you ever change build infrastructure I suggest using Groovy or
BeanShell, or in fact any other scripting language that seamlessly
integrate with Java (as opposed to satatic ad-hoc languages like ant or
groovy build files that hardly integrate with Java at all).

- 101

Back to the top