Re: [aspectj-dev] Proposal for extending AspectJ to support metadata...

Great blog entry, thanks :)

I've been working on a similar document as part our AspectJ 1.5 work. The
original is in docbook format like the other AspectJ guides, so for
expediency I'm attaching a zip of the current state of the annotation
specification as HTML files. There are a lot of similarities to the
suggestions you make, which is a good thing as it means the syntax must be
relatively intuitive. Please note that this is a very early draft (it
hasn't even been through an initial review - we have that scheduled for
tomorrow afternoon) so may still contain some basic errors and is
certainly subject to change. However, now seemed like the appropriate time
to get it out under the spotlight to join the discussion. When we hold
that review tomorrow, we'll include your proposals too to make sure that
we are getting the best of both....

Cheers, Adrian.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Ramnivas Laddad <ramnivas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
08/11/2004 19:00
Please respond to
aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[aspectj-dev] Proposal for extending AspectJ to support metadata...

Hello,

I have posted a proposal to extend AspectJ to support JSR-175
annotations. It started as an email, but soon got too long, so I
retargeted as a blog entry:

http://ramnivas.com/blog/index.php?p=10

Comments appreciated.

-Ramnivas