Re: [aspectj-dev] AspectJ support for Java 5

Looking at the current Eclipse timetables, my estimates are that we will
be able to support compilation with a Tiger javac, followed by binary
weaving, by year end. Full source compilation support will come in 1Q05 -
which I believe is the date the JDT team are also targetting for their
full Java 5 support.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

"Wes Isberg" <wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/10/2004 22:13
Please respond to
aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [aspectj-dev] AspectJ support for Java 5

Adrian knows as much as anyone at this point; see
his email "jdk 1.5" -- search for "ACC_BRIDGE") or see

 http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aspectj-users/msg02851.html

The short story is that we can get started when the JDT
compiler is pretty stable.  (But note that annotations
are one of the last features they plan to implement.)
We're as interested as everyone else in getting this
going!

Wes